Kentuckiana Friends of V is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to raising local and national funds for cancer research while supporting cancer related initiatives, including prevention, education, and screening.
Chairman, Bob Valvano, ESPN/ESPN Louisville
President, Norman Walker, MediaWorx
Vice President, Brian Peters, Constellation Brands
Exec. Director, Jamison Valvano
Phil Baker, Social Media Coordinator
Jennie Rees, Social Media Coordinator
Jason Ence, Volunteer Coordinator
Lee Ann Lyle, Website Coordinator
Where We Are
- Funded and coordinated the largest single site free prostate cancer screening in the USA at the Kentucky State Fair (2,000 screenings).
- Established the Angela Valvano Memorial research classroom at Kosher Children’s Hospital.
- Donated over $50,000 to the V Foundation general research grant funding.
- Funded research at Kosair Children’s Hospital on why certain cancers spread more quickly in children than adults.
- Funded research at Brown Cancer Center on detecting lung cancer through noninvasive, cost effective breathalyzer testing.
- Helped co-sponsor a V Scholar through the V Foundation at Markey Cancer Center in Lexington.
- Contributed to the Dick Vitale pediatric cancer research grant through the V Foundation.
Where We’re Going
- Donate to a TBD Research Grant at Brown Cancer Center.
- We will donate to the Dick Vitale pediatric research grant through the V Foundation.
- We will join with Kettler Family’s Foundation to contribute $25,000 to specific pediatric cancer research through Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
- Organize and run free prostate cancer screening at Kentucky State Fair.
- Donate to a TBD research grant at Markey Cancer Center.